Our mission is to contribute to a university culture in which quality teaching and engaged learning are fostered and revered. We offer opportunities for pedagogical development that are grounded in research and emphasize transferable concepts and practical strategies.
We believe in teaching as a journey of discovery and a process of continual improvement. We value a collaborative approach and believe our events, programs and services are most effective when they:
- Promote cooperation and community-building among teachers.
- Serve as examples of effective practices in instruction.
- Actively involve participants in putting ideas into practice.
- Provide authentic assessments and constructive feedback.
- Provide sustained and flexible engagement.
- Are timely and responsive to the needs of our local community of teachers.